U.S. Vision Replenishment Planner in Blackwood, New Jersey
U.S. Vision is the seventh largest retail optical chain in the United States. We have been engaged in the retail optical business since 1967. We are the second largest independent operator of optical stores in host retailers in terms of store count and the first in terms of the number of brands. We are located in 47 states and across Canada. We operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory in Glendora, NJ.
We offer competitive pay and unique benefits including:
- On-site subsidized daycare
- Anniversary and Birthday off with pay
- Free pair of eyeglasses annually
- Discounted eye exams and much more!
U.S. Vision is seeking an innovative Replenishment Planner to join our team!
As a Replenishment Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting. Creativity and dexterity will be vital as you identify trends and combine information from multiple touch points while providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
- Communicate with vendors to maintain supply chain needs.
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Manage direct reports to achieve common goal.
- Proven experience as inventory analyst/planner or similar position role
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (Oracle, WMS)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- BSc/BA in business administration, Logistics or relevant fields
- Relevant work experience a plus.
US Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. US Vision is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program.
Requisition ID: 2018-3294
# of Openings: 1
Brand: USV Lab M Building
Position Type: Full Time