Terumo Medical Corporation Quality Assurance Technician in Elkton, Maryland
Quality Assurance Technician
QM - Manufacturing Operations
This position is responsible for inspecting, testing and auditing of raw materials and finished product to ensure compliance with TMC’s quality system. Interface with all departments, including manufacturing, engineering, PDC.
Associate is responsible to follow requirements of applicable national and international regulations.
Verify and review Device History Records to ensure compliance per procedures;
Post sterile inspection of products according to procedure.
Inspection and release of raw materials according to procedure.
Verify, test and release of finished product (use of DeMag system).
Logging in and investigating of PDR’s, IMDR’s and RMDR’s into computer and distributing to appropriate department.
Providing production with assistance when needed.
Participate in project performance team meetings on behalf of the job unit in order to provide ideas, methods or processes for unit/company performance improvement.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Terumo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Auto req ID:
• Typically requires a high school diploma;
• Associates degree or some college classes preferred.
• Prior quality assurance or manufacturing experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate both verbal and written.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Mathematical knowledge, including algebra and utilization of sampling and statistical charts.
• Requires critical thinking skills and decision making ability.
• Ability to use testing equipment, i.e., calipers, micrometers, microscope, optical comparator, Instron, etc.
• 20/20 vision equivalent, or corrected vision.
• Conscious of quality with the ability to recognize deviations from established standards and procedures with a high level of concentration; ability to stay focused on work at hand.
• Requires the ability to make product acceptability choices based upon quality criteria, testing results and product requirements.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the Company's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As a Company, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection processes (for example, the online application process or interviews) or have any questions about our website accessibility, please call 732-302-4902 or e-mail us at Staffing@Terumomedical.com.