Sallie Mae Director, Product Management in Newark, Delaware
Director, Product Management
Req ID R01663
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want--whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills--you're in the right place.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for Upromise's product planning and execution. The Director will develop the Upromise product by identifying potential partners and features, conducting marketing research, generating partner and product requirements, determining specifications and integrated plans for product enhancements. This position will work extensively within each strategic relationship, partners and internal teams to identify and execute strategies to drive new Upromise members, to ensure active and engaged members and maximize revenue to Upromise. The Director is responsible for product innovations, key strategic partner negotiations, customer care innovation, and program management. This position is a key member of the Upromise Marketing team and is responsible for product strategy from concept to execution. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Product Management.
The position will work closely with many internal and external teams including but not limited to; sales execution, technology, operations, creative agencies, operations, legal, finance and customer care and will maintain positive, productive relationships with external partners to continually innovate and optimize revenue generating opportunities. The Director of Digital Marketing will provide strategic counsel and manage project timelines.
The Director of Product Management requires an individual with a minimum of 10 years marketing or product experience and 10 years overall business experience. The successful candidate for this position should enjoy working in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments, and have excellent communication, negotiation and project management skills.
Product Management Strategy - 30%
- Define product and partner vision and strategy and translates into an actionable product roadmap
- Identify and execute the necessary research to obtain market information to determine member and product needs
- Participate in partner facing meetings to gain insights to help move the product forward
- Recommend the scope of present and future partners and/or features by reviewing product specifications and requirements while appraising new partner ideas and changes
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to phasing out of partners and/or features
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning, and execution on the next generation of the product.
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new features and/or partners on an on-going basis
- Work independently to plan, manage and track assigned projects
- Grow audiences and increase engagement across digital and social media channels
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adaption where appropriate
Product / Partner Marketing Execution - 30%
- Oversee the strategic execution for partner marketing, creative development and back-end analytics to optimize Member engagement and to achieve ROI targets.
- Identify and manage internal and partner technology integration projects to drive program optimization
- Lead cross-functional internal and external teams to develop and execute tactical marketing plans to deliver intended results and to achieve revenue targets.
- Lead relationship with partners to develop custom targets marketing campaigns to ensure the success of the product and relationship to reach forecasted goals
- Drives the management of contractual negotiations with key strategic partners to drive intended and most desirable outcomes to Upromise including amendments, monitoring and enforcing contractual relationships, third party service providers and invoicing
Product Management Measurement - 20%
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement
- Justify project via cost/benefit analysis
- Participate in internal prioritization discussions and represent/justify partner and feature-related projects to senior leadership team
- Develop KPIs, benchmarking and reporting for all strategic partners
- Measure, analyze and make recommendations on partner and product performance
- Provide insights and recommendations in a strategic and thoughtful manner to internal stakeholders
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
Leadership and Development - 20%
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop product enhancements and to bring them to market
- Work with external partners and members to define and refine product requirements
- Manage the work of team members as appropriate; recognizing need for involvement of other teams/peers when necessary
- Be a positive and motivating influencer and contributor
- Cultivate positive relationships with Upromise and cross-functional teams
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives
- Seek out professional development opportunities that enhance expertise and influence in the role
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication or other related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 7 -10 years of experience in consumer marketing, product management, marketing communications, preferable in financial services or another highly regulated industry
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in membership loyalty programs and marketing financial services products with experience in consumer credit marketing
- Proven experience (7+ years) in product or service development from ideation through implementation and back-end performance management
- 7+ years of project management experience
- Proven experience (7+ years) in developing, launching and managing partner / client programs and acquisition / retention initiatives
- Experience using research to benchmark and measure performance of branding, marketing, product and loyalty programs
- Experience marketing products via digital and social channels is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with web-tracking performance tools and metrics
- Highly motivated, proactive, resourceful, with the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leaders
- Fast learner who is extremely flexible and able to respond and adjust to frequent changes and evolving priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, anticipate issues and work towards solutions
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members
- Must enjoy working in a high-pressure environment with daily deadlines and many demands on time.
Flexibility to travel as needed
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newark, DE
Date Posted Apr 16, 2018