Corning Incorporated Maintenance Worker Genl Work in Vineland, New Jersey
Maintenance Worker Genl Work
Date: Feb 23, 2018
Location: Vineland, NJ, US, 08360
Req #: 10262
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
JOB SUMMARY: Utilizes skill and experience to perform repairs, maintenance and inspection on equipment in a 24 hour operation and throughout the facility in a timely manner.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Properly utilize tools and equipment such as hydraulic lifts, hand tools, drill press, various types of welding equipment, shear, break, press brake and any other tools as required in the performance of these duties.
• Performs layout, cuts, welds and fabricates from sketches and blueprints.
• Performs plumbing repairs and carpentry.
• Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on machinery and facilities, including but not limited to buildings, fences, piping, conveyors, fans, ducts, chutes, mobile equipment (forklift, loaders, scooters, etc.), and other equipment throughout the facility.
• Operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scooters, manlift, etc.
• Communicates with supervisor for direction, to keep supervisor informed of problems and equipment/systems that are not operating properly.
• Participates in development and implementation of TPM and PM processes in the department.
• Completes and maintains appropriate TPM / Maintenance Records / Documents.
• Maintains good housekeeping and 5S.
• Observes all safety rules and OSHA regulations and performs job in a safe manner.
• Participates in safety and operational related training programs.
• Follows standard operating procedures (SOP, WI, Forms, Flowcharts, etc.)
• Supports Corning Pharmaceutical Glass activities
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• shall be able to install, modify, and maintain piping systems for steam, air, gas, water, hydraulics, etc.
• shall be able to lay out and do simple carpentry using power and hand tools normally associated with the trade.
• shall be able to use welding and burning equipment for minor repairs and fabrication.
• shall be able to lay out and fabricate sheet metal parts, ducts, guards using power and hand tools normally associated with the trade.
• shall be able to run equipment in the Maintenance Shop such as: pipe threaders, drills, * saws or similar types of equipment. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ year’s relevant experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Welding Certificate needed or ability to obtain one.
• Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to handle pressure
• Detail oriented
• Good organizational skills
• Dependable. Able to start and follow-up on the job prior to and after shift.
• Communicates and understands direction clearly and concise.
• Orderly and clean environment
• Team Player
• Competent and caring manner
• Punctual and attentive
• Patience and tact in dealing with others
• Standing 7 or more hours/day
• Walking 7 or more hours/day
• Lifting 10 – 50 lbs/day. With good body mechanics
• Twisting Moderate twisting
• Bending Frequent bending
• Reaching Moderate reaching
• Squat/Kneel 1 – 3 hours/day – Need not be continuous
• Manual Dexterity Good manual dexterity and coordination
• Vision Requires near and far 20/20 vision and accurate visual depth perception with correction must be maintained
• Hearing Requires hearing whispered voice at 8 feet (FAA Class II)
• Temperature Work environment range from 35 F to 115 F depending on seasons
• Slippery Surface Works on surfaces that are slippery (glass on floor) RATE GROUP: Trades
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia