BlackRock BlackRock AML/KYC Onboarding, Associate - DEL in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including AML KYC Onboarding, core Aladdin pre- and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; mutual fund monitoring and reporting; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
The KYC/Onboarding team forms a key control function within Business Operations, performing AML/KYC customer due diligence and sanctions screening for clients executing investment management agreements directly with a BlackRock entity globally. The team also manages various processes relating to updating AML KYC data and documentation and provides sanction screening with respect to updated authorized signature lists.
The role is to join our KYC OnBoarding team as an AML/KYC Onboarding Associate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing in depth knowledge of BlackRock’s AML/KYC policies as well as providing an excellent client experience during the on-boarding of new clients within BlackRock. You will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will work closely with institutional sales teams, and partner with Legal & Compliance to manage exceptions and ensure compliance with BlackRock’s AML/KYC policy. The team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to various areas involved in the client onboarding process at BlackRock.
The position would preferably be located in Wilmington, Delaware.
• Contributing to the successful implementation of the AML/KYC team''s strategy and vision.
• Partnering with the sales teams to on-board new clients as efficiently as possible.
• Ensuring clients meet applicable AML/KYC requirements and that the appropriate AML/KYC process is followed for all new client mandates to mitigate risk to BlackRock.
• Partnering with Legal & Compliance to manage exceptions and ensure escalation policies are appropriately followed.
• Accurately capturing and recording relevant AML/KYC data on an ongoing basis and maintaining the AML/KYC data and documentation platforms.
• Testing development and enhancements to AML/KYC platforms.
• Ensuring that all completed AML/KYC documentation is properly filed, stored and retrievable.
• Supporting the AML/KYC data requirements of client periodic reviews.
• Participation in the development and implementation of continuous improvement of the control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive the business forward, delivering a superior client experience.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience with respect to AML/KYC compliance and the on-boarding of clients within the asset management industry.
• Knowledge and understanding of AML/KYC laws and regulations preferred.
• Experience with Lexis Nexis Bridger, and/or other sanctions screening and risk rating systems preferred.
• Ability to independently manage your own workload with minimal guidance.
• Exemplary communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external clients at all levels and regions.
• Excellent attention to detail, organization, and presentation skills.
• Team player - both with regard to your direct team as well as with those whom you support.
• Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills with the ability to manage effectively expectations of internal and external clients.
• Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to balance client needs with BlackRock’s policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and compliance-friendly solutions.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.