BlackRock Data Services Relationship Management Associate - DEL in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
The Data Services Relationship Management team is responsible for ensuring the asset security and pricing needs of BlackRock and the clients of BlackRock Solutions are fulfilled with accurate, complete and timely data. This includes all terms and conditions as well as market data from our various suppliers.
As an Associate in Data Services Relationship Management, you will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Responsible for individual product/application ownership, business design and delivery as it relates to security/pricing related data for BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions clients.
• Work closely with product/investment/data teams both internally and externally to stay abreast of business requirements and market trends in order to align product delivery with business needs.
• Build, maintain and effectively manage high performing data relationships with our product vendors & core internal development partners to achieve a comprehensive, quality data offering
• Direct responsibility of drafting of business requirements for enhancements, maintenance and brand new builds within the security data/pricing model
• Regular meetings with key product stakeholders to ensure the client data experience is aligned and exceeding expectations
• Regular monitoring of individual product health through metric reporting
• Ongoing engagement with technology on ways to innovate and deliver high quality data solutions through robust storage, maintenance, management and delivery methods.
• Provide solutions and product expertise to changing business needs created by market events, regulatory change, new financial products being trades or launched, etc…
This function will expose the Associate to all of BlackRock’s and BlackRock Solutions’ tools and businesses and will require him/her to work closely with internal clients such as portfolio management, account management, administration and operations, and BlackRock Solutions, as well as external users of security data. The critical responsibilities of this position are at the core of the Data Services Team’s objective of providing timely, accurate and complete data.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Candidate must possess and demonstrate working knowledge of financial markets and general knowledge of the entire investment landscape.
• Candidate is expected to think critically about complex business challenges and possess strong problem solving skills in order to deliver holistic solutions.
• Candidate must have enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a high pressure and fast pace environment while maintaining quality and the integrity of investment data.
• Candidate must be able to work in both an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment.
• Candidate should have comfort with working with technical tools such as Excel functions, SQL, Unix commands, etc.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills to enable clear articulation while working with internal and external clients.
• Candidate must have impeccable organizational skills and demonstrate project management experience.
• Candidate must demonstrate strong working knowledge and experience in Business Process Improvement.
• Minimum of 3-6 years of experience in the financial services realm.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business or Computer Science discipline.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.