BlackRock Fund Services, Associate - AMERS in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
Technology & Operations
Business Operations (“Bus Ops”) is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Bus Ops establishes and coordinates operational procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, accounting agents, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for managing BlackRock's relationships. US NAV Oversight – Product Management is a unit within Bus Ops.
Product Oversight is responsible for the oversight of US Mutual Fund product life cycles including developing and implementing policy, liaising with the mutual fund boards and supporting other BlackRock operating units.
The Product Oversight Associate will lead and assist in all functions related to US Mutual Funds life cycle implementation, expense oversight, prospectus coordination, financial statement reviews, board reporting, custody oversight, and aspects related to product change management.
• Conduct daily functions using appropriate controls in accordance with the Funds accounting and procedural policies.
• Participate and lead in the coordination of a products life cycle implementation (fund launches, mergers and liquidations).
• Manage custodians and various internal departments involved in product management.
• Train team members.
• Oversee and manage liquidity facilities and daily compliance requirements.
• Communicating with all levels of management.
• Complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Set or refine priorities as business needs change.
• Develops broad expertise, capabilities and perspective to lead function.
• Bachelors degree is required
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Mutual Fund Industry
• CPA preferred
• GAAP experience preferred
• Knowledge and/or production of board reporting preferred
• Vendor oversight required
• Mutual fund regulatory and tax knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of Mutual Fund expense budgeting and expense limitations
• Excellent computer and communications skills
• Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
• Demands accountability from self and others for business performance (Accountability/Ownership)
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills clear articulation of financial analyses and issues to senior management (Communication Skills)
• Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. (Drive, Determination and Execution)
• Analyzes and conceptualizes information and situations systematically; identifies and understands underlying issues; probes the facts; differentiates key elements from the irrelevant or trivial (Problem Solving)
• Makes timely decisions and is prepared to take action in conditions of uncertainty or ambiguity (Decision Making)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.