Johnson Controls Service Technician Truck Team in Wilmington, Delaware
What you will do
Under specific direction, performs preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of electronic control systems (including troubleshooting of systems). Works with assigned Controls Technician mentor to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Works with Controls Technicians on diagnostics and repair of complex system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems. Tests system software in multiple programming languages.
- Works with mentor to develop the ability to draw sketches and control design functionality.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Assists the Controls Technician to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with the assigned mentor and customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided and outstanding issues. In conjunction with the Controls Technician, promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards.
- Compiles assigned job documentation, such as preventative maintenance documentation, service tickets and punch lists.
- Participates in training classes as assigned and conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to develop technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications and develops technical proficiencies as required by the company.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Other duties related to assisting in commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
What we look for * *Required * Vocational School or Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field or two years’ experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry. * Generally preferred knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques. * Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Johnson Controls to customers and other outside contacts, with a professional appearance and attitude. PC experience required and the ability to program software highly desired Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Job: *Field Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Service Technician Truck Team
Requisition ID: WD30044785064